Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Sadistic Little Boy

I originally wrote this dream down because I thought it would be really cool to turn it into a short film or something.  It reminds me of something you’d see on the Twilight Zone.  First, I was a man (again).  I was in an ice cream parlor getting ice cream for my son.  I paid for the ice cream and balanced both bowls precariously in my arms.  Just as I was turning to leave the counter, a man dressed in black stabbed me and ran off with a black briefcase I had been carrying.  I tried to get up, because apparently that briefcase was really important to me, but I couldn’t and I died.  As soon as I died, I was a woman walking my two-year-old son in a stroller to the park.  I got shot three times in the back, and also died.  Then I was the little boy in the stroller.  I heard three gun shots, and I got out of my stroller and ran.  We had been crossing a bridge, and I ran to the edge of the bridge.  I wasn’t afraid at all.  I leaned over the railing of the bridge, and I kept leaning further and further until I was just about to fall… Then, it was like a camera zooming out of the town.  The town turned into a play set, and the same little boy was just playing with dolls.  He made the little doll of himself fall off the bridge.  (The little dolls looked really creepy, too)  Then, his mom called his name, George, and he ran out of his room.  Then I woke up.

I found a website called the “Meaning of Dreams” for this dream.  Death in dreams symbolizes closure, transformation, and leaving worries behind.  Food can mean pleasure.  Having blood in a dream means “the worst is over.”  Violence toward a doll suggests that I am no longer being dominated by a person, and that I’m in control.  A stone bridge signifies strong willpower and rising above emotional difficulties. 

I had this dream around the time me and my ex broke up (blood).  Emotionally, I stayed strong (stone bridge).  He was somewhat dominating and very controlling (violence toward dolls).  It wasn’t a very happy relationship, so it wasn’t the end of the world to me and I was a lot happier (death/food). 

Here's the link for the website: http://www.meaningofdreams.org/

1 comment:

  1. This dream does sound like a cool movie idea, especially the whole end with the dolls. I wish I could remember my dreams as well as you, because I always seem to forget my dreams right away. I have never really been into interpreting dreams, but the way you relate yours to something that has actually happened makes me think there might actually be truth to the whole "dream interpreting" thing. Everything you said makes sense, and I think it's cool. You have inspired me to try and interpret some of my dreams now.

    ReplyDelete