Thursday, October 21, 2010

Endless Hallway

A few nights ago, I had a fairly creepy dream.  In the dream, I believe I had just finished watching a horror movie, because I was a little bit jumpy.  My house even looked creepy.  I went into my room to go to bed, but there was some type of scary monster in there (which I don’t remember) and I ran back into the living room.  Then, I opened the door to my parents bedroom and it was completely empty apart from the bed.  I knew there was something wrong with that scene so I slammed the door shut.  I ran into the kitchen and my mom was there.  I told her I was scared because I was hallucinating, but she told me that was perfectly normal.  I was confused and went to my parents bedroom to go to sleep, and everything was normal, including my dad sleeping in there.  I turned to look down the hallway and it went on forever.  I looked into each door and they were all my parents’ bedroom, with different horror movie-like scenes going on inside them. 

To analyze this dream, I went to a dream forum on DreamCrowd and posted my dream.  A dark, creepy room symbolizes feeling trapped or repressed.  Feeling fear about something indicates temporary worries.  Dreaming that your hallucinating is your unconscious telling you to be more alert and express yourself clearly.  Walking through a hallway means that you are trapped in a situation. 

Well, personally I think this analysis is pretty inaccurate.  I really don’t feel that way at all.  I can’t even stretch it to try to find some abstract thing in my life that makes me feel trapped or worried. 

Here’s the link to my post on the dream forum: http://www.dreamcrowd.com/dream/59719/My_House_was_a_Horror_Movie

I also pulled a picture off the internet of an endless hallway and put a cool midnight effect on it :p

No comments:

Post a Comment