Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dancing with my Grandad

This was a fairly short dream, but it meant a lot to me. It was night time and I walked up to a house and knocked on the door. My Nana answered the door and invited me to come inside. There was a number of elderly people inside the house sitting on the couch, and my Grandad was standing in the middle of the room. As soon as I came in, he invited me to dance with him and we danced in the middle of the room. This dream means a lot to me because I had it fairly recently, and my Grandad passed away something short of a year ago.

To analyze this dream, I went to a website called Hyper Dictionary that has five different types of dictionaries and a thesaurus. Seeing grandparents in a dream indicates love, security, wisdom, and protection. A house in a dream represents myself. Dancing in a dream indicates freedom and happiness.

Maybe I can interpret this that my Grandad is looking over me and protecting me so I can be free and happy.

Here is the link to the Dream Dictionary on the website:
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dream/

1 comment:

  1. I really like your interpretation of this dream. My grandpa passed away about two months ago and I like to think that he is watching over me as well. In a lot of native american religions, it is thought that the elders who have passed away look over those who are still living; sort of like saints in Catholicism. I like this idea though, because going to someone who you once knew is a lot more personal and sincere than to a saint who you just hears stories about. Anyway, I think this is really neat dream.
    -Emilio

    ReplyDelete